It’s not too late to help with Rolling Hills’ “Operation Giving Tree”! Items to fill wishes can be donated through this coming Monday, December, 17th. Many “wish” tags on our classroom trees are yet to be selected for filling.
I’d love to help… what do I do?
- Ask your child to pull a tag from their class’ tree.
- Or, email your child’s teacher to find out what wishes are still available.
- Or, choose something from the attached full wish list.
- Shop for the item and return unwrapped to Rolling Hills by Monday, December 17.
Rolling Hills’ families care! Through this service learning project it is our goal to help with holiday gift-giving for each and every member of five of our own school families this holiday season. A lofty goal indeed, but if we all pitch in what we can, it is attainable. Thank you for considering filling one of the wishes from our classroom trees or the attached list.
Rolling Hills’ Operation Giving Tree
Dear Rolling Hills Families,
The 2nd Graders are coordinating the RHPCS 'Operation Giving Tree' as their class service learning project. Our Giving Tree project is an opportunity to help share joy and blessings with some of our own Rolling Hills families in need by providing gifts or filling family needs this holiday season.
What: Operation Giving Tree
When: Now through December 17th
What: Providing items to families in need to make the holidays season brighter!
Where: Your student's classroom
How it will work this year:
- 2nd grade students have decorated a holiday tree for each grade and filled it with “ornament” tags representing a gift for one our recipients. We have also summarized these items into a “Wishlist Checklist” by grade level for easy reference.
- Each grade is being challenged to fill all the gift tags on the Giving Tree in their own classroom to help make this season especially cheery for a family in need. Any class that fills all the gift tags on their classroom tree will get to celebrate with hot cocoa and a seasonal arts and crafts time with the 2nd grade in their classroom. It will be a fun way to celebrate during this season of togetherness and thinking about others.
- Students will sign up for a gift tag and bring the tag home (or you may also reference your child’s grade level summary list or the schoolwide list attached with this email). Parents of younger students are encouraged to email or communicate with the class teacher to let them know it is OK for their child to pick a tag (be specific if you want) and bring it home to fill a wish.
- Shop for the item(s)
- Return unwrapped item(s) with the tag attached to child’s classroom or the Rolling Hills office Monday, December 17th. Leave the wrapping to us! We’ll check items off our master list, match them with families, and wrap them for delivery in time for the holidays.
Thank you for sharing your blessings with members of our Rolling Hills community!