RHPCS will NOT hold school for students again on Tuesday, 1/10/17 due to continuing need for drying in flood affected areas.
As of a late afternoon briefing with our disaster response team, they advise that the moisture content in the affected rooms is still too high for return to regular school operation. More drying time is needed. This evening the crew will be using an industrial propane heating system to raise the temperature in the rooms to 90+ degrees and continue with fans to move the hot air.
Mr. Pratt will have an update briefing with the team again tomorrow afternoon. If we get the green light at that point, teachers and staff have been asked to be at the ready to re-set classrooms and prepare for student return. We will send out an update as soon as our course of action is known.
We appreciate your support and patience as the situation is handled thoroughly for the long-term health and safety of our students, staff, and building facility.