Welcome to Rolling Hills!
Located in Boise, Idaho we educate children Kindergarten through Eighth Grade. Rolling Hills subscribes to the belief that a school with a low threat of bullying and harassment can accelerate the learning of students.
Rolling Hills Public Charter School’s mission is to develop educated and engaged citizens through high expectations for student behavior and academic success in a small, safe, structured environment.
Our lottery process for 2015-2016 enrollment is now complete. Contact the school office for more information about placement availability and/or wait list status for your child’s specific grade.
Click here for more information about our enrollment process and a printable application.
Mark Your Calendar – Upcoming RHPCS Events:
– RHPCS Girls Volleyball Team – RHPCS Girls in 6th, 7th & 8th grades are invited to join the team. It is not too late to join. Practices continue week of August 24, Monday-Friday 2:45 – 4:30 p.m. in the RHPCS Gym. Click here for more information.
– RHPCS Co-Ed Cross Country Team – RHPCS Girls & Boys in 6th, 7th & 8th grades are invited to join the team. It is not too late to join. Practices continue week of August 24, Monday-Friday 2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Click here for more information.
– RHPCS Homework Club – Beginning September 8 – Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Once again Rolling Hills will be offering an after school Homework Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students in 1st through 8th grades are invited and encouraged to participate. RHPCS staff will be on hand to facilitate the program and assist students. There is no charge for students to participate in Homework Club, however in order to best plan space and staffing, we ask that students be pre-registered to participate. See the informational flyer & registration form: Homework Club Information & Registration Form
– RHPCS “Back-to-School” Open House – Thursday, September 10, 2015 – 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. (followed by RHPCS Volunteer Training 6:30 -7:00 p.m.) – Come find more about Rolling Hills, your child’s classroom, and opportunities for parent involvement. Mr. Pratt will present a “State of the School” message and information about parent expectations at Rolling Hills this will take place in the Café. Teachers will present their classroom schedules, rules, expectations, volunteer opportunities, and answer questions you may have. To facilitate parents with children in multiple classrooms, presentations will be repeated every 1/2 hour. The PFA, Boosters Club, our Athletic Director, and other school wide representatives will be present during the evening. This evening is intended for adults, please make childcare arrangements, if possible.
– RHPCS Volunteer Training – Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in school cafe. Our school depends on our many wonderful volunteers that contribute to our students’ educational well-being. In order to insure consistency for all adults volunteering in the school, we will provide a basic level of training and orientation regarding school and classroom rules, policies, and procedures. These guidelines will be in effect for volunteers throughout the 2015-2016 school year. Volunteer training is mandatory prior to volunteering in the classroom or school. Volunteers need only attend 1 of the training session each year. Once you have attended a training you are certified as a volunteer for the entire year. Opportunities to volunteer at RHPCS during the 2015-2016 school year will begin Monday, September 14.
– RHPCS Chess Club – Beginning September 14 – Chess is a delightful game that helps students with logic, geometric reasoning, prediction and anticipation, following rules and good sportsmanship. This wonderful game, enjoyed by all ages, is truly a skill based challenge that is internationally known. Mr. Scott will once again be offering afterschool Chess Club for RHPCS students in grades 1-8. Available Mondays or Wednesday 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. There is no charge for students to participate in Chess Club, however in order to best plan for space and equipment needed, we ask that students be pre-registered to participate. See the information flyer and registration form: Chess Club Information & Registration Form
- RHPCS Kids’ Art Club – Students in grades 1-8 are invited to join Kids’ Art Club, offered by Barbara Balkin, RHPCS parent and owner/artist/instructor of Back Gate Studio. Have fun, chill out, and get your creative juices flowing with Beginning Drawing. Offered 2:45 – 3:45 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of each month: Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19, and Dec. 19. There will be no charge to participate, but pre-registration is needed so we can be prepared with supplies. See the informational flyer and registration form: RHPCS Art Club Reg Consider Mrs. Balkin’s other children’s class offerings at her home-base at the Dry Creek Mercantile in Hidden Springs: Back Gate Studios- Children’s Clay Class on Tuesdays Sept. 1-October, Back Gate Studios- Children’s Clay Class on Wednesday, Sept. 2 – Oct. 28.
Online Payments to RHPCS by Credit/Debit Card: Rolling Hills is pleased to be able to accept online payments by credit or debit card for a variety of school related purchases and/or donations. Click here for more information and payment portal access.
School Food Services: Click here for more information about school breakfast and lunch. Now accepting online payments for food services! To make payments using a credit card, debit card, go our easy new secure food services payment site: https://rhpcsfood.maxcheckout.com/
1. Playground Equipment Upgrade: Goal = $2000.
2. Science Lab Supplies: Goal = $1000
3. Classroom Computers: Goal = $5000
4. Tiger Center: Goal = $1000
Most attachments you will find on this site will need a PDF reader.
If you need to update your current reader or don’t have one click here.